In most cases an expert doctor can diagnose the possibility of congenital heart disease by proper history taking and examination with the help of stethoscope with the help of stethoscope. To confirm the diagnosis one or more of the following investigations are useful :
- ECG / Cardiogram
- X-ray of the chest
- Echocardiography : This revolutionary test has made the diagnosis of congenital heart disease extremely simple.
- Blood and urine investigations
- CT Scan or MRI of the heart
- Catheterization of the heart
- Spo2 Monitor : To measure percentage (%) of oxygen in blood
Correct diagnosis and scientific advice will help to save the lives of many children.